The Jungle Book (2016) - Trailer Review12:05 PM
The Jungle Book is directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Chef) and is the next live action Disney fairytale to be released from the house of mouse. The film stars Scarlett Johansson (Avengers, Lucy), Idris Elba (Pacific Rim, Prometheus), Bill Murray (Groundhog Day, Ghostbusters) and Ben Kingsley (Shutter Island, Hugo). "An orphan boy is raised in the jungle with the help of a pack of wolves, a bear, and a black panther". In my opinion, Disney hasn't made a wrong movie with their live action fairytales as of yet...will The Jungle Book be another win? The Jungle Book hits cinemas April 15th 2016.
What I like:
- I like the voiceover throughout - I feel that Scarlett Johansson is quite a good snake even if it was male in the original film
- The visuals look fantastic here
- The trailer builds up with the visuals and music to the big reveal of the snake
- The animals look so realistic - I don't actually know how I feel about this but they said they were making a live action version so of course the animals aren't going to be cartoony
- I'm just really excited for this film.
- I like the little nod to 'Bear Necessities' at the end
What I Don't Like:
- I couldn't see many resemblance to The Jungle Book - reminded me more of Tarzan
- The fact that the animals look so real make it seem less like the original
- Some of the CGI does look a little fake - 1:00 comes to mind
- I don't this film needed 'the studio that made' and 'the director of' - it is such a technological advancement that it could have got away with not including them
- The film doesn't seem to be very bright and colourful which the trailer made it seem like it would
- Relies a lot on child actors
When I first watched this trailer, I was a little disappointed. However, the more I have watched it, the more I have fell in love with it. I think Scarlett Johansson is brilliant and it is nice to see a gender swap. Most of the visuals are stunning even though there are a few duds. I'm so excited to see the rest of the animals actually speak - The Jungle Book could be a big hit! The trailer does feel like a - 'lets show you how cool our movie is going to be' kind of thing though.
See You Soon!