The Monthly Rewind: January 2015

9:27 AM

My 3 Favourite Films of the Month
There are films I watched in January, they may not be January releases


Into the Woods - 'The costuming is great, the score is beautiful, the plot is intelligent and the acting is top quality: Into the Woods would be a spectacular film if it wasn't for the final act...however, don't let that stop you from entering the wood as the majority of this film is award-worthy. Just short of being ASTONISHING.'

American Sniper - 'Clint Eastwood at his directorial best, Bradley Cooper's best performance in a long time and a very admirable story. American Sniper has it all. Watch out Boyhood, this is one you have to see!'

Gone Girl - 'Gone Girl is a spectacular film that has amazing performances from Pike and Affleck, a unique but thrilling plot and one of the biggest jaw-dropping moments in film history. Even though it isn't as impressive as the book, had I watched this flick in 2014, it would have made my top 10 of the year. Gone Girl is one you need to go and see!'

Honourable Mention: Wild

Other Favourites:

Software:
Delicious Monster - 'catalog any media you own'

Trailer:
Ted 2 - 'Looks a lot better than the first film with some humorous moments. Good casting with Amanda Seyfried and Morgan Freeman but can Ted 2 break the curse of sequels?'

Offer:
Disney Movie RewardsAll month I have been spending my points on 'O-Ring' covers for my Disney DVD collection. I thought this was brilliant as it saved me from re-buying all of the Disney DVDs so they have the cool sleeves on them (I did that with Frozen and 101 Dalmatians). I now have O Ring covers for Frozen, Tangled, Wreck-it Ralph, Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs, Mulan, 101 Dalmatians, Beauty and the Beast, The Princess and the Frog, Tarzan and The Little Mermaid. 





Biggest Disappointment of the Month

The Woman in Black: Angel of Death - 'When going to see this film, don't expect it to be better than the first or to extremely scare you. Expect to laugh at cheap scares but be impressed by the atmosphere created and the good acting. This could be the death of the woman in black series. I don't know if I'll be able to forgive and forget what new impression Tom Harper has gave me on this instalment.' 

Dishonourable Mention: Into the Storm

So they are the highlights from this blog from January. We are happy to announce that our DVD recommendations for FEBRUARY are Gone Girl and The Maze Runner!

I just want to say thank you to anyone who has clicked on and read any of my posts this month. The view count has been so surprising and I couldn't wish for anything more. I'm really proud of this blog (even though it is only a month old) and I am really pleased that I've fully dedicated myself to it. I also wanted to mention that this month, I entered a competition about film journalism to the BFI and I was one of the 11 winners! I can't believe it. I hope for this blog to expand and open so many doors for me. I am definitely going to carry on for as long as people still want to read my opinions and views on film. THANK YOU!


Do you think this type of post should be a monthly ritual? - COMMENT BELOW

See You Soon!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I also found the Woman in Black not very scary and quite disappointing!

    I was wondering if you wanted to be blogging friends and follow each other via GFC or BlogLovin'? I'm keen to get to know more people and make friends in this little blogging community.

    Love Lily x

    www.lilyroselo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Sure! Lets follow each other via blogger too!

      Delete