Weekly Movie News - Ghostbusters Plot Revealed, J-Law's Passengers Paycheque & EQ!3:09 PM
Another week brings another bunch of exciting movie news stories. Not only did we get exciting news such as the reveal of 'Get Smurfy' and the announcements of 'Maleficent 2' & cast news of 'Pitch Perfect 3', I have another 5 stories that are worth your time!
- Passengers - There has been a lot of controversy lately surrounding this movie - in particular, the amount of money that its leading cast members are being paid. However, there have been some developments on this story over the past week. Not only has Jennifer Lawrence deservedly been given her $20 million paycheque, she will receive 30% of the film's profit (if it goes green at all). This shows how much star power Lawrence have and how much Sony believe that she will bring audiences into the cinema. Furthermore, Chris Pratt's paycheque has also increased - he was only originally being paid $10 million but thanks to Jurassic World's record breaking opening, he is now being paid $12 million. There has been no word to whether he is getting a percentage of the profit. What do you think about this? Should Pratt and Lawrence be paid equally? Who deserves more? - COMMENT BELOW
- Ghostbusters 2016 - Plot details have been revealed for the upcoming all female Ghostbusters! Here it is "[Kristen] Wiig and [Melissa] McCarthy play a pair of unheralded authors who write a book positing that ghosts are real. Flash forward a few years and Wiig lands a prestigious teaching position at Columbia U. (Like the original, the story takes place in New York City, even though it’s being shot in Boston.) Which is pretty sweet, until her book resurfaces and she is laughed out of academia. Wiig reunites with McCarthy and the other two proton pack-packing phantom wranglers, and she gets some sweet revenge when ghosts invade Manhattan and she and her team have to save the world" Source: ScreenRant
- EQ: A Film About Emotional Intelligence - I don't usually report on independent or short films but this one caught my attention. I saw it on my Facebook feed and watched the teaser trailer - it looks really intriguing. However, to make the film go ahead, the makers need to raise funds - I'll leave a link here.
- Inside Out - this past weekend, Inside Out helped to make it another record breaking weekend at the box office. Not only is the film the studio's second biggest opening ever (behind Toy Story 3) but it is the biggest opening for an original movie of ALL TIME - the films estimated $91 million exceeded expectations and the films rave reviews should help it to hold well. The only sad thing is that us in the UK have to wait till July for its release.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them - Another major casting announcement for the film was revealed over the past 7 days - the lady who will join Eddie Redmayne is not Kate Upton! The lady is Katherine Waterston. She will play the witch 'Porpentina'. Waterston is known for 'Inherent Vice' What do you think of this casting? - COMMENT BELOW!
Discuss this week's top 5 stories below! Also comment with any stories you would like me to cover :)
See You Soon!